 CAD / Development / 1301
Re: New LDAO - Temp Location
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 11:05:06 GMT

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 14:09:05 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) wrote:

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:05:26 GMT, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K) wrote:

Wow. Lots of little things fixed.  Big THANKS.

You're welcome.

Three things to be aware of in this release:

1. The VEC opens really slowly the first time you access it in any session
of LDAO.  This is because ldraw\parts is being checked to make sure there
aren't any part-files newer than parts.lst.  But there is an internal flag,
so after checking one time (in a single run of LDAO), it doesn't check
again.

I hope in the next version, I will have a File | New Window option in the
VEC, so additional VEC windows can be opened more quickly.

2. The 0 CATEGORY keyword is still not being referenced because the simple
way to check it (read all part-files while loading the VEC) would take too
long.  I should have this implemented in the *next* version, which should
be at least a .1 increment, instead of a .0.1 increment.

3. While there is a date-check on parts.lst vs. ldraw\parts\, there is not
a check of ldraw\parts\ vs. ldraw\vec\.  So if your VEC images are
out-of-date, you will need to remember to MakeCatalog.

Steve

OK.  Umm, a question.  Would it serve any useful purpose if I syncronized all
the time/date stamps of the files in the updates?

-- Terry K --