 CAD / Development / 1227
  RE: Dimensions of the parts

(...) This would be my bet too. Allow for a small margin/overlap caused by rounding errors. Since you cannot tell anything about inside/outside of a part but only have a bunch of faces (triangles and quads), the idea of comparing every face in one (...) (25 years ago, 13-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Dimensions of the parts

(...) That wouldn't work all the time. Imagine that you have 2 parts at the exact same location, if I allow a small margin the program would think that they are not touching each other. (...) That's the only solution I found so far, couldn't think (...) (25 years ago, 13-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Dimensions of the parts

Lars C. Hassing skrev i meddelandet <57F1FE754246D211A98...aarhus>... (...) One could go further down the algorithmic lane, and construct a 'bounding box' or 'convex hull' to get some indication of inside/outside. Not watertight though (think Lego (...) (25 years ago, 13-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)