 CAD / Development / 1227
RE: Dimensions of the parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:19:51 GMT

Anders Isaksson wrote:
- Just don't include equality (=) in your collision test! (?)

This would be my bet too. Allow for a small margin/overlap
caused by rounding errors.

Since you cannot tell anything about inside/outside of a part
but only have a bunch of faces (triangles and quads), the idea
of comparing every face in one part with every face in another
part is very clever.

BTW, how will you handle two "4073 Plate 1 x 1 Round" on top
of each other, where one of them is rotated, say 12 degrees?
(Couldn't think of a better example, but it shows the problem :-)
/Lars