 CAD / Development / 1136
Re: part: technic pin long with stop bush
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 02:24:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, wilsonj@xoommail.com (jonathan wilson) writes:
i used the peg primitives so that is not my prroblem, i do not think.

You used the connect.dat primitive.  It is not the right primitive for this
part.  I think you may have inherited this error from the 6558.dat and
4459.dat parts.

In any case, it is customary in most development circles to take
responsibility for things that you put their name on -- even if the work
it is based upon, authored by someone else, is flawed -- and especially
if you choose the wrong work with which to base your work upon.

Incidentally, I don't think that the primitive you seek actually exists yet.
If you want to win over a few hearts, you might consider correcting the
errors in 6558.dat & 4459.dat, et. al before embarking on a new part which
further propagates these errors.

For example, there are 3 versions each of the parts 6048.dat and 6217.dat --
one each with regular pegs, one each with friction pegs, and one each with
friction pegs and decorative radial scoring.  So that makes at least 5
elements which could benefit from a friction-peg connection primitive.

are you talking about the little ring around the end that helps hold
it in place?

Noooop.  [Note to self:  I might as well be talking about a chess-playing
polka-dotted hippopotamus.  Jonathan hasn't seen one of those in-the-flesh
either.]

Jonathan, my dear good man.  I promise you this (trust me):  If you obtain a
copy of the actual element, and play with it for a couple minutes to learn
its function, you will quickly see where your error lies.  This and nothing
but this can lead to enlightenment.

--Todd