 CAD / Development / 11159
Re: SVG renders possible?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2011 01:48:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Eric Albrecht wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:

LDView actually has experimental support for this built-in (although it has to
be manually enabled via either a command line switch or a registry setting).
Unfortunately, it's effectively useless on anything other than individual parts
due to the astronomically large output files, and their extremely slow
processing.  The results also tend to not render nicely in most SVG renderers
(particularly transparent parts).  See below for the output from car.dat

How would I go about enabling this experimental feature?  I'd like to try it out
on one of my line drawings.

Add the following to LDView's command line:

-GL2PSAllowed=1

Alternatively, run regedit, browse into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Travis
Cobbs\LDView key, then create a new DWORD value there named GL2PSAllowed, and
set it to 1.

Once you do either of the above, you'll see some new file types in the Save
Snapshot dialog box.

Please note a few things.  First of all, as mentioned, the files are really,
really big.  Secondly, they take a fairly long time to create, and there's no
way to cancel during creation, and LDView is unresponsive during this time (with
no feedback; since it's basically a failed experimental feature, I saw no reason
to make it user-friendly).

--Travis