 CAD / Development / 11143
  SVG renders possible?

Is it possible to create a SVG version of a rendering of an LDRaw model? I am only interested in the visible portion, such as what you see from one of the several default views (front, left, back, etc.). -Mike (13 years ago, 31-Mar-11, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: SVG renders possible?

(...) Rendering from 3D to 2D vector graphics should be possible: (URL) I don't know how efficient it is. --Bram (13 years ago, 1-Apr-11, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: SVG renders possible?

(...) LDView actually has experimental support for this built-in (although it has to be manually enabled via either a command line switch or a registry setting). Unfortunately, it's effectively useless on anything other than individual parts due to (...) (13 years ago, 1-Apr-11, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: SVG renders possible?

(...) There must be a way to weld all those polygons together and do vertex shading, but I'm sure its no 5 minute programming exercise. --Bram (13 years ago, 1-Apr-11, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: SVG renders possible?

(...) Yeah, in Google Chrome I can see the edges faintly between the polygons. -Mike (13 years ago, 1-Apr-11, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: SVG renders possible?

(...) Wow, I must be getting really old. The deja-vu didn't didn't set in until I slept on it. I can't hardly believe this was 8 years ago. (URL) at that point ldglite already had experimental support for the similar gleps code that seems to have (...) (13 years ago, 1-Apr-11, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: SVG renders possible?

(...) Actually, I'm not hammering away at it. I put the support in back in May of 2008, but I haven't really done much with it since then. --Travis (13 years ago, 1-Apr-11, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: SVG renders possible?

(...) How would I go about enabling this experimental feature? I'd like to try it out on one of my line drawings. Eric Albrecht (13 years ago, 24-May-11, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: SVG renders possible?

(...) Add the following to LDView's command line: -GL2PSAllowed=1 Alternatively, run regedit, browse into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\So...are\Travis Cobbs\LDView key, then create a new DWORD value there named GL2PSAllowed, and set it to 1. Once you do (...) (13 years ago, 25-May-11, to lugnet.cad.dev)