 CAD / Development / 11087 (-5)
  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

(...) <snip> (...) Hi Roland, I use Qt (free) with static binding for LPub4. It works pretty well, and is well organized, but the learning curve is big (but not too steep). Kevin (14 years ago, 1-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

In lugnet.cad.dev, Roland Melkert wrote: <snip> (...) Thanks for all the tips everybody, I've been playing around this weekend and decided to start writing something semi serious using C++ and ether wxWidgets or Qt. And for an IDE I decided on using (...) (14 years ago, 31-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

(...) I'm not sure Lazarus is the way to go with FPC, there's too much of 'Delphi look-alike but never getting there' over Lazarus. But there are other ways of using FPC. (14 years ago, 28-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

(...) As a Delphi programmer you might give Lazarus and freepascal a whirl. Since I also use Delphi, I tried it to make MPDWizard cross platform and it performed well. One sticking point in getting LDDP converted over is that JCL/JVCL isn't (...) (14 years ago, 28-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

In lugnet.cad.dev, Remi Gagne wrote: <snip> (...) hmm, I thought LGPL mend you can only dynamically link to the library, I'll have to take another look it seems. Thanks. (...) <snip> (...) Yes, I've heard more people talking about Python like it's (...) (14 years ago, 27-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact