 CAD / Development / 11002 (-10)
  Re: Technic Axle Joiner / Cross Block descriptions

(...) See, right there I couldn't agree with you less. I spend a lot more time producing a design in LDraw than I do plugging the parts list into Bricklink, and when I'm doing so I generally have to stick to part numbers rather than descriptions (...) (15 years ago, 27-Jul-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Technic Axle Joiner / Cross Block descriptions

Most of you know my opinion on this one - use BrickLink names. Our community is dispursed enough. We need to work to unify what we can. BrickLink names are the most widely used amongst the community. After all, how many people convert their LDraw (...) (15 years ago, 24-Jul-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Technic Axle Joiner / Cross Block descriptions

(...) I agree it is time to rationalize naming of this similar parts... I would go one step further and name all of them "Technic Joiner Perpendicular xxxx" since hole type sequence is described in the end of name, and a 6536.dat Technic Axle Joiner (...) (15 years ago, 23-Jul-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Technic Axle Joiner / Cross Block descriptions

With almost all the "Technic Axle Joiner" parts on the Parts Tracker, I'd like to take the opportunity to rationalise the part descriptions which have developed over time as these parts have appeared. Currently we have: 6536.dat Technic Axle Joiner (...) (15 years ago, 22-Jul-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  DATHeader version 2.0.5 (The Reviewer Tool)

DATHeader is on the way not only to assist in getting a proper header for official DAT-files but also it is now a very useful tool for reviewers. You will have a listing of all tests with OK or ERROR message. Please note that not all errors that (...) (15 years ago, 9-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) =( I delete them as well and I think that the current *old* AIOI also does not have them. Need to check.. -AHui (15 years ago, 4-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) I don't know if you're the only one who does this, but doing so will also cause LDView's library update to fail, since those notes are the only files that allow LDView to know what has been installed. --Travis (15 years ago, 2-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) I usually delete these notes so I'm not sure checking for them would be correct (unless I'm the only one who does this). -Orion (15 years ago, 2-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) A good way would be to check for the presence of note*.txt files in the models directory. These show which updates have been installed. Prior to 2008-01 ths naming convention was NOTEyyrr.TXT, but now it is NOTEyyrrCA.TXT where yy is the (...) (15 years ago, 1-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) Thanks, I think I'll check for the parts and p directories to determine if it's any kind of library, and issue a warning if ldconfig.ldr is missing when the official library is expected. ps: Sorry I responded slow, I'm having troubles posting (...) (15 years ago, 1-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact