 CAD / Development / 10990
  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) I'd go with ldconfig.ldr. LDraw.exe is now legacy software (and is in fact not complaint with the current spec). Since ldconfig.ldr is per spec where color are defined, it should always be present in a 100% complaint distro. -Orion (15 years ago, 29-May-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) Thanks, I think I'll check for the parts and p directories to determine if it's any kind of library, and issue a warning if ldconfig.ldr is missing when the official library is expected. ps: Sorry I responded slow, I'm having troubles posting (...) (15 years ago, 1-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) A good way would be to check for the presence of note*.txt files in the models directory. These show which updates have been installed. Prior to 2008-01 ths naming convention was NOTEyyrr.TXT, but now it is NOTEyyrrCA.TXT where yy is the (...) (15 years ago, 1-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) I usually delete these notes so I'm not sure checking for them would be correct (unless I'm the only one who does this). -Orion (15 years ago, 2-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) I don't know if you're the only one who does this, but doing so will also cause LDView's library update to fail, since those notes are the only files that allow LDView to know what has been installed. --Travis (15 years ago, 2-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) =( I delete them as well and I think that the current *old* AIOI also does not have them. Need to check.. -AHui (15 years ago, 4-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)