 CAD / Development / 10871
    Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express —Travis Cobbs
   (...) For what it's worth, LDView is Open Source (GPL v2), and all of its LDraw file loading code is kept in a separate library (which I call LDLoader). This library depends on one other of my libraries (which I call TCFoundation, short for Travis (...) (16 years ago, 18-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express —Travis Cobbs
     I forgot to mention something fairly important (which may be obvious). LDLoader is a library for loading LDraw files into an internal memory format that is easy to deal with. It handle parsing, error checking (and reporting, via callbacks), and some (...) (16 years ago, 18-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express —Michael Heidemann
   (...) I know that LDView is a very good tool. And I know also that the code is under GPL. But there are people out there (me too) that do not know about C or C++. So it would be great to have a DLL to handle the core methods (and maybe objects) for (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express —Travis Cobbs
   (...) I really should have responded to your original message before posting my message about LDView's parser. As far as I'm concerned, having a public VB parser for LDraw files would be great. I won't use it, but if others find it useful, that's (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express —Michael Heidemann
   (...) I should be more clear with VB. I am talking about VBExpress that is a NET Framework language. As far as I understand with the NET Framework it is possible to use a DLL that is written in VB also with the other Framework languages. So maybe it (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)