 CAD / Development / 10772 (-20)
  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Actually it turned out that despite the warning message my settings did work from a remote ssh login as a different user. The old AGL code, while it worked locally (that was a surprise), did not work remotely and produced the same warning (...) (16 years ago, 30-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) OK, now that's just plain weird. Glad to hear it's fixed, though. --Travis (16 years ago, 29-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) If you used my code as an example for Core GL setup, then the error was due to a bug in my code. If not, put the following in your CGLPixelFormatAttribute array, and it should work even via ssh: CGLPixelFormatAttribute attrs = (...) (16 years ago, 29-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) problem fixed. extern void qt_mac_set_native_me...bar(bool); qt_mac_set_native_me...bar(true); Kevin (16 years ago, 29-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) I'm guessing it's related, but there's presumably something you did that QT Designer doesn't do, or vice versa. Obviously QT is designed so that apps can be written completely without using QT Designer. One thing you might do is create a (...) (16 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Hmmm..... one major difference is that I didn't use the designer for any of my GUI. I wonder if that is why things are different. Kevin (16 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) I figured that Development would be use by parts authors. I was offering it as an alternative to D:work_in_progress. LSynth it is. Kev (16 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Perfect - many thx! Don't think there is any need for "development" but "<LDRAWDIR>LSynth" wouldn't hurt. You could then store all constraints and synthesis parts in that folder without the need to mix them with the official parts or rebuild (...) (16 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) LDView has its main menu inside the .ui file for the main window. It was created and is maintained in QT Designer. Take a look at LDView.ui to see if there's anything obviously different there. --Travis (16 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) All I get is a single menu item in the menu bar above the desktop. It says LPub. The contents of the menu are not from LPub though. I've built LPub using QMainWindow. It has a function that returns a pointer to the menuBar(). I build all my (...) (16 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) I'm not too familiar with Qt or Trolltech's recommendations, so maybe someone else can help work out what you need to do. The Mac version of LDView 3.2 is a Qt app, so maybe Travis can get you started. The application bundle structure applies (...) (16 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Just out of curiosity, what IS in the menu bar when the LPub window is the current active window? --Travis (16 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) OK, that's very very strange. LDView's main menu "just worked" (mostly). I had to do some fixups to make it fit the Mac style, but it was perfectly usable without those. It "just works" when compiled with QT 4 also. (...) Menu" on a Mac isn't (...) (16 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) I believe a MAC version mklist utility used to generate the PARTS.LST file comes bundled with the OS-X version of ldglite. Source code is available, so anyone can build it on whatever platform they like. There may be better ways to build the (...) (16 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) So, popup menus work, but my main menu does not show up. I found this information on trolltech: (URL) I don't know what it means to run out of a bundle. Qmake created lpub.app Contents Info.plist MacOS PkgInfo Info.plist contains <?xml version (...) (16 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) <snip> LPub does not need a total list of parts, so it doesn't have to scan all the paths. It does need the titles of parts that are used however. Since parts.lst is a precomupted list of some of them, LPub reads it and puts the contents in an (...) (16 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Hi Don, It worked! Now I just have to figure out how to get my main menu and popup menus to work on the Mac from Qt! Thanks! Kevin (16 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Thanks guys for all the help. I grabbed BrickSmith and moved the ldraw folder that came with it to /Library. I wanted both anyhow so it seemed to be the way to go. Then I built a new (universal?) ldglite with your static libpng and some (...) (16 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) One of those. (...) No. They don't distribute the full library; you would have to merge together all the updates with the original LDraw DOS package. Not fun. (...) Wherever you want it. If Bricksmith is installed, you can find out where the (...) (16 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) How about I send you a universal binary of a static libpng? (If I remember correctly, it was a real pain to make.) (...) I think I got mine via BrickSmith, which is kind of sad, really, but I just checked, and LDView will happily download the (...) (16 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact