 CAD / Development / 10712 (-20)
  Re: LPub DPI control?

(...) I just found the following in my VB description: 1440 Twips = 1 inch 1 Twips = 1/20 point (DTP) 1 cm = 567 Twips 1 point = 0,3515 cm (72 dpi) maybe this is also useful. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 5-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub DPI control?

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote: SNIP (...) Maybe the following link does help you a little bit: (URL) you use truetype fonts it should not be a problem to print them in the correct size. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 5-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub DPI control?

(...) Most of this feature is done. I had to identify every LPub meta-command that had something with the units of pixels, and treat them as a new class of "units", meaning known absolute distances (i.e. meters or inches.) Every time these values (...) (16 years ago, 5-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub DPI control?

(...) Hi Remi, I'm working on DPM and DPI now. Here is what I plan on doing: You set the page size in either inches or centimeters. You define the resolution in terms of DPI or DPM. You control the magnification. For example, if I have a 1 inch page (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Seam width in LDView

(...) It applies it to everything that it considers to be a part, but not a sub-part. A sub-part is any sub-file (or sub-sub-file, etc) of something that is determined to be a part. Adding an unofficial part header is the easiest way to convince (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Seam width in LDView

Hi Travis. What does LDView apply the seam width settings to? When doing some part dev, I noticed it was "shrinking" a moved part, in this case, 3070.dat which includes 3070a.dat. I guess it is because it is missing an official part header? Thanks (16 years ago, 3-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New LDraw part author tool and tutorial: Ytruder

(...) No, but I have had thoughts about a very similar tool. One that lists all (or at least the first one hundred) points mentioned in a dat-file. It shouldn't take that many minutes to rush together such a utility. But so far, I haven't taken the (...) (16 years ago, 14-Feb-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New LDraw part author tool and tutorial: Ytruder

Hello Tore, You are right, I should look more closely at LDraw script. Certainly a flexible tool... Would you already have a utility that converts a ldraw file (say with a path of lines) into a set of points coordinates usable by LDS? Philo (16 years ago, 14-Feb-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New LDraw part author tool and tutorial: Ytruder

(...) Since we all have different tastes and different ways to approach problems, the more the alternatives the better. But are you aware of that tasks like this can be taken on using LDraw Script? (URL) example, You define the first, top, line (...) (16 years ago, 31-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  New LDraw part author tool and tutorial: Ytruder

(2 URLs) Ytruder> utility creates a sheet of triangle and quads from a set of lines. This is done by extrusion in the LDraw Y direction (hence the name). Though somewhat similar to (URL) Coverer> it has a few other possibilities, such as the (...) (16 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: Parts requests? (re: x136 and 50944px1)

(...) Fantastic, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you... Hopefully Peeron will update their databases. (...) Any plans to complete the wheel? Cheers, Ryan (16 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Parts requests? (re: x136 and 50944px1)

(...) part x136 has a different number 32294 on the PT. You are right, I did make the wheel for 50944px1, but did not start to model 50944px1. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Parts requests? (re: x136 and 50944px1)

Hello, Just wondering what the protocol is for "requesting" LDraw parts... I've found two bits of particular interest to my projects that don't show in the Parts Tracker: x136 : profiled offset suspension wishbone used in the big Technic F1 cars (...) (16 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: PreL3P 1.3 -help :)

(...) Ah, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I was not aware of the difference. My addition currently understands multiple arguments with this syntax: prel3p 1.ldr 2.ldr 3.ldr Each ldr file is processed in place and the originals are copied (...) (17 years ago, 25-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Thoughts sought on final newlines

(...) FWIW I'm pretty sure ldglite saves with a newline (of some sort) after every line. And my opinion is that all programs that *create* ldraw data should do that. It's just common courtesy. After all, we have no control over third party (...) (17 years ago, 20-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts sought on final newlines

(...) I echo Mike. This is a programmers issue (is it honestly that hard to check? I would say no) and not something that should be put into the spec. -Orion (17 years ago, 20-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts sought on final newlines

(...) I agree fully on this. A text line is not complete until you have specified the end of it (with EOLN). A LDRAW model consists of text lines, and should IMO end with EOLN. Windows expects 'text' files to end with EOLN, and mistreats them if (...) (17 years ago, 20-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Thoughts sought on final newlines

(...) We had a discussion about this item some times ago. I can not find the thread right now. The conclusion was: The user should not mind about that, the programer should. So if you write a prog for LDraw compatible files, you should check for (...) (17 years ago, 20-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Thoughts sought on final newlines

A (URL) recent discussion> lead me to observe that Bricksmith saves models without a final newline (ie, CRLF - no "line ending"): (...) Since one line that ended differently from others lead to complications here, I wondered if it might elsewhere. I (...) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Introducing SR 3D Builder - a LDraw editor by Sergio Reano

(...) I didn't have any problems with weird folders in documents and settings you just unzip the files wherever you want and it will setup itself (which you can unzip to a new folder under Program Files.) The only issue I have (which is an issue (...) (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact