 CAD / Development / 10702 (-20)
  Re: Parts requests? (re: x136 and 50944px1)

(...) Fantastic, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you... Hopefully Peeron will update their databases. (...) Any plans to complete the wheel? Cheers, Ryan (16 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Parts requests? (re: x136 and 50944px1)

(...) part x136 has a different number 32294 on the PT. You are right, I did make the wheel for 50944px1, but did not start to model 50944px1. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Parts requests? (re: x136 and 50944px1)

Hello, Just wondering what the protocol is for "requesting" LDraw parts... I've found two bits of particular interest to my projects that don't show in the Parts Tracker: x136 : profiled offset suspension wishbone used in the big Technic F1 cars (...) (16 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: PreL3P 1.3 -help :)

(...) Ah, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I was not aware of the difference. My addition currently understands multiple arguments with this syntax: prel3p 1.ldr 2.ldr 3.ldr Each ldr file is processed in place and the originals are copied (...) (17 years ago, 25-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Thoughts sought on final newlines

(...) FWIW I'm pretty sure ldglite saves with a newline (of some sort) after every line. And my opinion is that all programs that *create* ldraw data should do that. It's just common courtesy. After all, we have no control over third party (...) (17 years ago, 20-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts sought on final newlines

(...) I echo Mike. This is a programmers issue (is it honestly that hard to check? I would say no) and not something that should be put into the spec. -Orion (17 years ago, 20-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts sought on final newlines

(...) I agree fully on this. A text line is not complete until you have specified the end of it (with EOLN). A LDRAW model consists of text lines, and should IMO end with EOLN. Windows expects 'text' files to end with EOLN, and mistreats them if (...) (17 years ago, 20-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Thoughts sought on final newlines

(...) We had a discussion about this item some times ago. I can not find the thread right now. The conclusion was: The user should not mind about that, the programer should. So if you write a prog for LDraw compatible files, you should check for (...) (17 years ago, 20-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Thoughts sought on final newlines

A (URL) recent discussion> lead me to observe that Bricksmith saves models without a final newline (ie, CRLF - no "line ending"): (...) Since one line that ended differently from others lead to complications here, I wondered if it might elsewhere. I (...) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Introducing SR 3D Builder - a LDraw editor by Sergio Reano

(...) I didn't have any problems with weird folders in documents and settings you just unzip the files wherever you want and it will setup itself (which you can unzip to a new folder under Program Files.) The only issue I have (which is an issue (...) (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Introducing SR 3D Builder - a LDraw editor by Sergio Reano

(...) Why can't I install 'normally' to program files. It makes all kind of weird folders in documents and settings now. Not to happy with that personally. But that aside it's sounds very promising, unfortunately it crashes on my machine. first I (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Introducing SR 3D Builder - a LDraw editor by Sergio Reano

(...) <snip> (...) Very cool Sergio -- I was quite pleased by the speed of the rendering! Since I don't know the ldraw keyboard commands I was a bit at a loss on how to "place" a part or rotate a part -- also camera operations as well. I'm looking (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Introducing SR 3D Builder - a LDraw editor by Sergio Reano

(...) SNIP (...) This sounds very good to me. I will give it a try the next days. cu mikeheide (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Introducing Lic - Lego Instruction Creator (pre-alpha)

(...) Hi Remi, I got your email today. I don't know why I didn't notice or respond to the previous emails. WYSIWIG LPub (4.0) is moderatly far along. I started on it shortly after returning from Brickfest PDX in Portland. You use the GUI to get the (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Introducing Lic - Lego Instruction Creator (pre-alpha)

(...) Hi Kevin, I was hoping to hear from you! Yep, I knew you were working on a WYSIWYG LPub - you've mentioned the idea here in the past. I just had no idea how far along you were, or if you had even started. I tried contacting you a handful of (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Introducing Lic - Lego Instruction Creator (pre-alpha)

(...) Hi Remi, Maybe you didn't know but I am working on a WYSIWYG version of LPub, where there is no manual editing of the LDraw file. So far, almost everything has GUI point and click kind of interface with support for multiple steps per page, and (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Introducing Lic - Lego Instruction Creator (pre-alpha)

(...) Sure. It fails in the same place, but with a different error: glDeleteFramebuffersEXT(1, framebuffer) ctypes.ArgumentError: argument 2: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>: global name 'typeCode' is not defined Wish I knew more about Python so I (...) (17 years ago, 28-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Introducing Lic - Lego Instruction Creator (pre-alpha)

(...) Hi Jim, Thanks for the feedback! About the crash you see when loading a model, I think Python's OpenGL wrapper isn't quite as portable as the rest... On my machine (win32), the function glDeleteFramebuffersEXT() expects a list as its last (...) (17 years ago, 28-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Introducing Lic - Lego Instruction Creator (pre-alpha)

(...) Yes, it is very cool. Especially so since it (almost) works on Mac OS X - and we don't have LPub. There were indeed a lot of prerequisites (and pre-prerequisites!), but I think I've managed to build them all, and Lic launches! Hurray for (...) (17 years ago, 27-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Introducing Lic - Lego Instruction Creator (pre-alpha)

Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for a few years now, and have been using LDrawfor quite some time. I finally have something worth saying! In the past few months I've found time to work on a little LDraw application that I've been wanting to (...) (17 years ago, 27-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact