 CAD / Development / 10
Re: Proposal for Revised Memorial
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 13:29:21 GMT

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 12:43:32 GMT, Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:

In other words, in the final analysis, I wasn't trying to draw a distinction
at all.  :)  Just pointing out that it's so blurry, maybe it doesn't make
sense to have a distinction (with respect to TLG-subgroups of .cad.dat).

Or maybe it does...but it's not cut & dry.

You're not going to beguile me with your fuzzy-logic thinking here,
mister! ;)  If you crank the zoom up high enough, every line is blurry.

In this case, my feeling is the line is pretty clear.  It's almost
always obvious whether an assembly of parts is another part, or a
section of a model.  The exceptional cases are shortcut files, such as
the minifig shortcuts.  These are still defined as being parts, because
they are not model-specific.

So another determinant of where a sub-assembly goes is whether it is
set-  or MOC-specific.  If it is, then the sub-assembly is a model.
Otherwise, it's a part.

Steve