 CAD / Development / *3345 (-20)
  (canceled)

  Re: CW/CCW, vertex sequence, co-planar, convex, (115kB)

(...) I miss that kind of discussion, those were very interesting subjects. Also, where's Jeff Findley ? (...) I've already thought about a ray intersection algorithm but I've never tried to implement it, I might try do it now. Some problems that I (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: To Tore Eriksson

I did reply the mail and had no delivery failure message. Since there is nothing private in it, I paste in the reply here. See below. Thanks Mike and Mookie for the backup. :) As you can see, Manfred did offer me to do the work if I felt I didn't (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  CW/CCW, vertex sequence, co-planar, convex, (115kB)  [DAT]

Here are 50 messages regarding the above subjects. The first from January 1998 where Leonardo Zide suggested CW/CCW. I support the CW/CCW idea (isn't it annoying knowing almost 50% of all faces are drawn to waste), though it will cost a considerable (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: To Tore Eriksson

(...) Read this: (URL) think you'll agree Tore has more important things to deal with than virtual plastic bricks. (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: To Tore Eriksson

Give Tore some time, he's dealing with some Family stuff right now, and that takes priority over anything here. Hopefully he'll be back to us soon though :) Of course we are all sending Tore Happy thoughts and Good wishes :) Tamy (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  To Tore Eriksson

Hello Tore, Do you have another E-mail adress, technical problems, or are you too involved with some other issue ? I've send a mail about part #3228 to your pesonal address about one week ago. Should I send it again ? Greetings, Manfred Moolhuysen. (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts for MLcad

You have to run the makelist.exe program. Then MLcad will know they are there (in LDraw/parts, of course). -John Van Rene Virsik <virsik@usaf.org> wrote in message news:FIqy1x.7JF@lugnet.com... (...) them (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files

(...) I do have some old messaged but I couldn't find that thread, do you need anything to complete your collection ? :) If the list still exists, then maybe the archive is there too ? Leonardo (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Parts for MLcad

Heya ! How can I get parts to MLcad ? Where may I load them ? I have them in my LDraw directory, but where may I load them if I want use them in MLcad ? Thanx. Rene e-mail: virsik@sco.svf.stuba.sk (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files

(...) The main discussion was on the mailing list. I can check my home machine, to see if I have it archived. Anyone else keep copies of the L-CAD messages? Steve (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw.org up and running again (Was: ldraw.org down until Monday)

(...) Hey, a huge "BTW" round of thanks for Jacob and Tim and Todd and anyone else in the admin role...the online world wouldn't run without you! :-, Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files

(...) Actually, most of mine say "not CW-Compliant", as a notice to anyone coming along who wants to clean up the library. Steve (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files

(...) I couldn't find anything either, maybe the archive has a limit or it was discussed in the L-CAD list ? The only related message I found was (URL) but the discussion started several months before that. Leonardo (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files

(...) That should have read, for every polygon in the element or primitive. (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Chris Dee wrote in message ... (...) partly (...) plastic. (...) is a (...) The algorithm I came up with yesterday will handle such cases. Basically for every face in a polygon, I'll pass a ray through it and count the number of polygons that it (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

John VanZwieten wrote in message ... (...) fix (...) worry (...) file. (...) Thanks for the tip, I'll run a search. Actually I think I've worked out in my mind an automatic clockwise-sorting algorithm. It will fail for primitives like studs which (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files

(...) I'd be mighty impressed, too, if you could do this automatically. For solid polyhedra, it's not too difficult as you can assume that the origin of the solid is within the material, but most Lego parts are re-entrent (ie. partly hollow), so (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  (canceled)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact