 CAD / datFest / 9
Re: Introducing and Planning .datFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.datfest
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 02:51:42 GMT

tim@zacktron.com (Tim Courtney) writes:
It would also be very nice if the funds collected for the event
would pay for a few if not all of these guests' travel, going first
to the people who live at a greater distance.

That'd be great! :) Although I'm probably one of the closest...
It would be really great to pay the Jessimans' trip...

Also, I'd like to offer the LDraw package of tools on CD-ROM to
attendees - given the permission of the Jessiman family.

LDraw doesn't take up much room--you could put tons of extra stuff on a
CD...

Also, a .datFest logo needs to be devised.

I could give it a shot...

A date needs to be determined for this event as well.  I know it
CANNOT be the first weekend in June (my HS graduation),

Well, if I come, it can't be my graduation either...so June 9-11 is
probably out for me. (not sure when I graduate, and too lazy to check.)

I appreciate your feedback for this idea and dream of mine (and so
many others) to hold.

Sounds like a great idea.  MindFest was fun, so this should be too :)
--Bram