 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 358
Re: Stud5 and type 5 lines at edge of cylinders.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 03:16:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Paul Easter wrote:
   That’s what I was afraid of... That is not how I handled it in the program. So, now this should apply for any segment files, right? 1-16,1-8,3-16,1-4,7-48, etc? If so, I will have to rethink how to calculate those points.

now... this brings us to the next area.... this also applies to cones, right? IIRC, I use the same procedure for conditional lines for both cylinders and cones, with minor changes.

I think ideally this would be used on all segmented primitives that are circular and not flat (obviously it doesn’t apply to primitives like disks and rings). So think that the same logic would apply to cones. Incidentally, I think the 1/8 spheres were the first primitives to use this style.

Having said that, I think having primitives that do things the “old” way is fine. It may not be optimal, but I don’t personally think it is all that bad, either.

--Travis Cobbs