 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6358
Re: Slope Brick 1x1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 19:22:28 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
Indeed. I make it 31 degrees.

...but if you look at the overall slope of the part, it is closer to 38 degrees.

So what name do we give this piece? Slopebrick 33, 45 or rather 38?

With the notable exception of the 45 degree slopes, none of the other slope
parts have exactly the inclination used in the part description. Note that all
have a small vertical section (or step) at the front which causes the angle to
deviate from the expected arctan(24*y/20*z). Almost all are modelled with a 4LDu
step (whether or not that is entirely accurate), producing the following:

Slope 10 =  9.5 degrees (e.g. 4515.dat)
Slope 18 = 14.0 degrees (e.g. 30363.dat)
Slope 33 = 26.6 degrees (e.g. 4286.dat
Slope 45 = 45   degrees (e.g. 3039.dat)
Slope 53 = 53.1 degrees (e.g. 6044.dat)
Slope 55 = 55.4 degrees (e.g. 30249.dat)
Slope 65 = 65.6 degrees (e.g. 3678.dat)
Slope 75 = 73.6 degrees (e.g. 3684.dat)

So in keeping with the existing conventions and because arctan((16-4)/20) =
30.96), I believe 54200.dat should be named:

Slope 31  1 x  1 x  2/3

This also makes it clear that this does not fit with either the 45 or 33 slopes.

Chris