 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 623
Re: 2951 (not quite finished)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:29:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, John Jensen wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
And more important, the x-yedge.dat files should have colour 16, _not_
24.

Aha? Why shouldn't they have colour 24, their function is similar to the
type 2 lines right?

The x-yEDGE.DAT files use color 24 internally to draw the edge-lines.  If you
reference these files with color 24, they will draw the edges with the
edge-color for the edge-color of your part.  Which might actually be the main
color of your part, or it might not.  Depends on what color the part is being
rendered in.

Anyway, all primitives should be referenced using the actual fill color (usually
color 16), *not* the edge-color.

Thank you, really the hardest part was to get the measuring done, I've been
toying with the idea of writing down how I did that.

That would be a *great* idea.

Steve