 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5871
Re: 9V train motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 02:49:15 GMT

Tim Gould wrote:
Hi all,

After discovering the hard way (by making an impossible model) that the current
electric train motor model has a couple of major mistakes (the wheels are too
small and the clips are too small and in the wrong place) I decided to make my
own as an exercise in parts design.

The file can be found here
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/timgould/temp/PARTS/590.dat 590.dat>
and it
has two subfiles
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/timgould/temp/PARTS/590s01.dat 590s01.dat>
(wheels)
and
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/timgould/temp/PARTS/590s92.dat
590s02.dat>
(clips) which should go in the s subdirectory of the parts
directory.

This file is almost entirely composed of primitives and is BFC compliant as far
as I can tell. Since I don't have parts authoring status I haven't submitted it
to the parts tracker but if anyone would like me too, please tell me how.

Hope it's all OK.

Tim

It looks good to me. Thanks for fixing up this piece. I was very
frustrated when I tried to LDRAW my first train. It took a few hard
looks at the ldraw model and the real model before I realized that the
clips were in the wrong place. I hadn't noticed that the wheels were to
small though.

Thanks,
Chris

--