 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5867
Re: 9V train motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:23:23 GMT

   I hope you wont be too disappointed to find that your work may be in vain. It seems that these errors have already been detected and fixed witn a new version of the part on the LDraw Parts Tracker. http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/2894c01.dat

No. Not at all disappointed. It was a good experience and I now have a good idea of how to make parts for when I do need to. Only disappointment is not knowing before I made an unbuildable design ;)

   We have also discovered the true numbers for the parts that make up this motor, hence the new number for the composite part. But as always with the LDraw library the old three digit number will continue to be supported - hence this “Moved to” file on the Parts Tracker. http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/590.dat

That’s handy. I hope the new one converts better to povray format. Will check how they compare.

   If you find a problem with a part its always a good idea to check the Parts Tracker for an updated version.

Yeah. Didn’t think of that. Whoops!

   If you are interested in being able to submit parts yourself, the process is described on the Parts Tracker home page - http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/. You just need to register with LDraw.org and to affirm the Contributor Agreement, as described.

Looking forward to you signing up, Chris Dee (LDraw Parts Library Admin)

I think I sent you an email today anyway so hopefully I will be signed up soon.

Tim