 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5468
  BFC inversion...

this is the first time I've tried using the "invertnext" BFC statement. would someone plz double check my code? thnx....... (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: BFC inversion...

(...) Since you used a mirrored reference to the subfiles, you should not need the INVERTNEXT statements. (...) With 2D objects, you should flip & rotate them to show their front face, not use INVERTNEXT. Steve (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: BFC inversion...  [DAT]

Please let me know if this works OK now...... Thanks......... 0 Minifig Torso - SW Blast Armor (Green Plates) 0 Name: 973psb.dat 0 Author: Franklin W. Cain 0 LDRAW_ORG Part UPDATE 2002-04 0 CMDLINE -c7 0 KEYWORDS Star Wars, Boba Fett, bounty hunter, (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: BFC inversion...

(...) Also, is it now standard to repeat the 'CERTIFY' keyword on every BFC line? I thought CERTIFY was only useful once at the beginning of the file? I've been out of the loop, did I miss something? -Kyle (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: BFC inversion...

(...) If so, then I missed it too (which is entirely possible!) I've never used CERTIFY at the beginning of a file, and TMK it's never been a problem. I use "BFC INVERTNEXT" where necessary, but no blanket CERTIFY statement. Is the inclusion of the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: BFC inversion...

(...) No it isn't. (...) You are correct. CERTIFY, according to the BFC spec, is only allowed once in the file, before the first 'executable' line, on the very first BFC meta-statement. In fact, CERTIFY is *required* on that line. Steve (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: BFC inversion...

(...) It may be required by the part tracker, but it isn't required by the BFC spec. The spec specifically says that the first instance of any BFC command in a file implicitly turns on BFC certification in the file (unless of course it's a 0 BFC (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)