 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4786
  Re: LDraw-to-Raves (was: POV in Part)

(...) YES YES YES! Cool stuff, Paul. C'mon guys open your eyes and look at this: (URL) helmet (very good part writing I must say, I couldn't have done it) 500+ lines. And by adding (just) 36 lines of POV code one gets a real rounded helmet. Now, (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LDraw-to-Raves (was: POV in Part)

(...) Jeroen, GeoCities doesn't allow deep links to files. You'll have to link to an html page with the image on it. I've had the same problem. -Mike (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LDraw-to-Raves (was: POV in Part)

(...) For one, I'm not keen on putting POV-Ray code in LDraw part files. Besides complicating the review/certification process, it also ties the LDraw library to one specific renderer, in an official way. Steve (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LDraw-to-Raves (was: POV in Part)

(...) Perhaps things like this could be included in the category/list of other .dat libraries that will some day be on LDraw.org. People could go to the respective sites to download POV enhanced parts. Just my $0.02 --Ryan (URL) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)