 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4634
Re: Help needed with creating parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 15:15:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Jeroen de Haan writes:
I can only speak for me, but making parts (no patterns) only
from pictures isn't a good idea. Maybe that this is sufficient
for mock-ups.

Which (train) parts are you thinking of?

I know it's not a good idea, but it's for the trainposter and detail isn't
priority there; the trains are about 200 pixels high.
Again, I can send high-res scans of the BI and pictures of the parts. If you
are really intrested in doing it I can even send you the real parts, on
condition that you send them back of course!
We're talking about 17 parts ranging fron pretty easy to quite complicated.

Again, you will be doing this for the honour of getting the new trains on
the poster ASAP :-)

  Hi Jeroen:
I think I'm missing something--are you asking for someone to render models
or to create new parts?

     Dave!