 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4063
Re: x983, Minifig Hand Improved (Final)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:56:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Orion Pobursky writes:
Well, I decided to go for the gusto and finish this off. There are 2 major
differences from from the old hand:

1.) The Hand itself is tilted 14.5 degrees
2.) I changed the orientation to the center of the base of the cuff.  This
allows for ease of hand rotation to the left or right

Nice job!  I have two requests:

1. Rotate the hand 90 degrees around Y, so the wrist lies along the Z+ axis.
2. Add a comment line, showing an example of how to position the hand so the
'fingers' are centered on the Y axis, with the top of the hand at Y=0.  This
will (hopefully) help people put stuff in the minifig's hand.

Steve