 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3916
Re: Minifig Torso with Train Red Vest Pattern - 973pb2.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:18:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Thomas Burger writes:
here is another torso. Steve before i send to parts tracker i would like the
pattern class Bx to be designated as Trains. i have maybe 4 to 5 train
torso's to go.

sub file can be found here
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=3906

We are going to struggle to find good links between the "theme" names and
the abbreviations, but would Rx for (R)ailroad make this a little easier to
remember?
Should we ~move the existing 973P19 (Minifig Torso with Train Chevron Pattern)?

How many Train patterns are there likely to be?  I don't know that there
are enough to justify a full range of pattern codes.

On minimundo! <http://www.minimundo.de/>, I count 7 torsos that are
distinctly Train (that is, they have features distinct to Trains).  In
Brickset's Minifig Browser <http://www.brickset.com/minifigbrowse.aspx>,
I find one additional torso.

Additionally, I found 1 head (the overworked conductor from 4565) that
was distinct to Trains.  And that part could easily be fit into Town.

I realize there are other parts with Train patterns -- bricks, panels,
liftgates.  But again, I don't think there are *that* many.

Perhaps Train patterns can go to p8x, and that will be identified as
another Modern Town range?

Steve