 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3601
Re: Part x176
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 00:16:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Ross Crawford wrote:

Anyway, here's an updated version, that I'll upload to the PT tonight. I
just tidied it up a bit, and changed the name & description to match peeron.
It looks OK with the 16 seg cylinders, so I'll leave it as is.

Hey Ross:  sorry I didn't really get the point of your email -- I was in
a rush, and didn't look at the parts.  Otherwise, I would have said
then, what I'm going to say now.

Do *not* use the Peeron 'x' numbers as the basis for LDraw parts!  The
two sets of numbers (LDraw and Peeron) are *not* synchronized.  If you
need a 3DN (three digit number, aka TPN, or temporary part number),
email me.  If you're going to be busy making new files, I can reserve a
range of numbers for you.

In this case, the official LDraw 176.dat is a '~moved-to' stub file.
Eventually, we'll have to reuse the '~moved-to' stubs.  But not yet.

Is there any reason an "x" number cannot co-exist with a matching "real"
number? Surely, if the correct number is subsequently obtained, the "xnnn" can
be changed to a "moved-to" stub. Is this just to avoid confusion?

Ross, please use number x124 for this part.

OK. Ta.

ROSCO