 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3505
Re: New Part: x192.dat - Minifig Shield Round
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 20:08:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:
Does it say LEGO inside the stud? If so, you should use the stud2.dat
primitive.

Yes It does, but the problem is that I can't use a regular primitve 'cos the
inner cylinder is 0,3 mm deeper than the cylinder on the outside.

1 16 0 0 -14 4 0 0 0 0 -4 0 5 0 4-4cyli.dat
1 16 0 0 -14 6 0 0 0 0 -6 0 4 0 4-4cyli.dat

Could you give me a hint for a workaround? Is there an official substitute
for the 4-4disc.dat, say  with the LEGO sign build in?

Hmm.  That would look a little weird, to have LEGO floating slightly
above the surface.  It wouldn't *really* be noticeable, but still...

I'd be inclined to ignore the slight indentation, and model the part as
if the inside was the same height as the outside.

Otherwise, use primitive stud2a.dat.  It exists for those situations
where the base of the stud is extended or otherwise not "normal", and it
should *not* imply that there's a LEGO logo inside the stud.  So your
part would miss out on the in-stud logo in high-quality POV-Ray mode,
but at least it wouldn't have a logo floating above the surface of the
part.

Steve