 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3473
Re: Rubber belts modelling utility
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:47:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Philippe Hurbain writes:
Hi Kyle,

That's real cool! Will you be considering the possibility of pulleys that
are rotated 90º?

??? For pulleys in the horizontal plane it is easy to rotate the generated
rubber belt 90°. Or do you mean something different ?

Philo
www.philohome.com

I was imprecise. I was thinking of pulleys that are rotated 90º in relation
to each other. It would look something like this in plan. (sorry for this
bad diagram)

  Ox-

"O" = big pulley "x" = belt "-" = pulley rotated 90º

Or here's a good diagram from Lego:
http://www.lego.com/constructopedia/entry.asp?letter=P&id=1

This question applies to the DAT builder itself. I think the parts
themselves coubd be adapted easily enough by hand. I haven't tried it yet,
so I may be completely off my rocker.