 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3468
Re: Rubber belts modelling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 02:34:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Philippe Hurbain writes:
I just uploaded a Rubber Belt Generator utility, that creates DAT files for
rubber belts taut between two pulleys. The rubber belt generated can have a
square section or a round one, using cylinder primitive.

This utility is available from
http://www.philohome.com/rubberbelt/rubberbelts.htm (bottom of page)

Enjoy,

Philo
www.philohome.com

That's real cool! Will you be considering the possibility of pulleys that
are rotated 90º?

But I also began a deeper modification of spring2dat to generate complete
rubberbelts around any two round shapes, and I intend to give it the
possibility to output either square section (as it is now) or round one
using 4-4CYLI primitive.