 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3383
Re: New Part, 99% done: 6203.dat - Container ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:14:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Don Heyse writes:

Do you have a naming convention in mind for the new un-deliminated
partial cylinder files and the joiner files?

I thought about it for like 2.5 seconds.  Does that count?  I figured it
would be some X-YcylZ.dat type of thing. :)

How about X-Ycylu.dat for un-deliminated partial cylinders,

X-Ycylu.dat works for me.

X-Ycyla.dat for the leading
optional line, and X-Ycylb.dat for a trailing optional line?

We should only need a single file for the optional line,[2] the leading and
trailing edges are the same, but rotated 90 around the y-axis.  So maybe
cyliedge.dat?  Or coptline.dat?

What about the sloped cylinders parts?

Hmm.  We *still* don't need another optional line file.  For the three
sloped cylinder files, how about 1-4cylus.dat, 1-4cylu2.dat, and
2-4cylus.dat?  Future files will have to be dealt with, possibly in a
non-consistent manner.

--
Steve
1) Actually, two lines: one regular for 16-part p-files and one for the