 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3369
Re: New Part, 99% done: 6203.dat - Container ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 02:04:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tore Eriksson writes:
Well, what should we call it?

0 Container
0 Name: 6203.dat
0 Author: Tore Eriksson
0 Un-Official Part

I don't know what to call it, maybe "Bellville Luggage"?

Anyhow, I gave it a spin in a few of the CAD programs and
noticed a few odd things I'd like to discuss.  First, the
use of half cylinders separated by quad spacers seems to
produce some anomalies with the optional lines.  The optional
lines at the top of the handbag where the cylinders meet the
spacer quad are missing.

The optional lines at the bottom of the handbag where the
half cylinders meet the spacer quad appear too soon.  You
can hold down the ctrl key and spin the piece with the mouse
in ldglite to see the optional lines popup out of thin air
just a bit earlier than they should.

I suspect this is because the cylinder primitive expects to
placed next to another cylinder primitive which would have a
sharper curvature than the spacer quad.  I guess the optional
lines at the top were supposed to be provided by the matching
half cylinder, if it were there.

You can see these same effects with the half cylinder primitives
used in the handle of the bag.  I never noticed this before...

The other odd thing I noticed may be a peculiarity of ldview.

In this picture the (specular?) lighting comes out looking odd.
Is this a result of the new 2 sided lighting scheme?  I don't
remember seeing this particular effect before.

Enjoy,

Don