 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3376
Re: New Part, 99% done: 6203.dat - Container ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:59:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:

I don't know what to call it, maybe "Bellville Luggage"?

www.peeron.com calls it Case Oval.
I don't know, it seems like it's not only used in Belville sets. (
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4165 )

I'm not sure where to go with this one.  Generally, parts like this go
into Minifig Accessory.  But this part isn't exactly minifig scale.

Hmm.

use of half cylinders separated by quad spacers seems to
produce some anomalies with the optional lines.  The optional
lines at the top of the handbag where the cylinders meet the
spacer quad are missing.

I have noticed that kind of problems too. It must be due to the current
primitives, and not flaws in my parts authoring.

I don't think so.   Typical primitive files only have an optional line
at one end.  Check out this image from 2-4cyli.dat:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=136039>
This is with optional lines forced to always render.  Notice that the
right end of the cylinder has an optional line, but the left end does
not.

One thing I did notice though is the need of using hi-res primitives. The
problem is that there are no hi-res versions of 1-4rin12 or 2-4rin12, or
1-4rin13 or 2-4rin13. Maybe they would also reduce the optional line related
problem?

If you want these files, I'll make them for you.

Steve