 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3278
Re: JAVA - Viewer for dat-Files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:48:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Bernd Broich writes:
The program/applet needs java 1.2 and java3D 1.2 or higher.

The download of it is now available at my homepage:

www.broich.onlinehome.de/java/applete.html

Cool stuff, and with source!!  But, I get this error when I try to run it:

javax.media.j3d.SceneGraphObject: method setCapabilityIsFrequent(I)V not found
        at de.onlinehome.broich.ldraw.SubFile.makeAppear(SubFile.java:261)
        at de.onlinehome.broich.ldraw.SubFile.<init>(SubFile.java:64)
        at de.onlinehome.broich.ldraw.SubFile.<init>(SubFile.java:43)
        at de.onlinehome.broich.ldapplet.Show.load(Show.java:194)
        at de.onlinehome.broich.ldapplet.Show.jbInit(Show.java:116)
        at de.onlinehome.broich.ldapplet.Show.init(Show.java:69)
        at de.onlinehome.broich.ldapplet.Show.main(Show.java, Compiled Code)

java3D 1.2 seems to be missing setCapabilityIsFrequent()

I unjarred and poked around in the binary SceneGraphObject.class file, but
I only found setCapability().  Perhaps this is a j3d 1.3 addition?
It doesn't seem to exist in the 1.2 docs, but it does appear in the 1.3
documentation.

Apparently you have to register with SUN to get the beta of j3d 1.3 so
I haven't tried that yet.

Don

PS.  James don't get too excited.  The j3d page says there is no apple
port yet...