 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3062
Re: Bendible Objects?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 02:53:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> writes:

I highly recommend Fredrik's LDraw-Mode.  [...]  Fredrik's site has
enough instructions to get you going w/ LDraw-Mode.

Thanks!

I'd say, though, that the instruction on my site are probably aimed at
the wrong crowd.  I should probably rewrite it all with users who are
new to Emacs in mind.  I can't promise to do this anytime soon, but it's
on my TODO-list.

In the mean time, please feel free to contact me should there be any
questions.

I have followed all the instructions, but LDraw-mode won't load in my emacs
under Windows 2000. Overview:
1) emacs is on my f-drive under "F:\emacs-20.7-fullbin-i386\emacs-20.7\bin/";
2) the ".emacs" file is in the root (F:\), so is the compiled
"ldraw-mode.elc" file;
3) this is what my .emacs file looks like since the ldraw directory is also
in my f-root:

(load-file "f:\ldraw-mode.elc")
(global-font-lock-mode t)
(setq ldraw-base-dir "f:\ldraw")