 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2599
Re: 30086 (and 30087) 'Rubber' Dinghy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 00:23:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Robin Sayce-Jones writes:
I'm having a little trouble loading this as a part in MLCAD. When I load it
on its own it's okay but when you use it in a Model the bow moves away from
the side ribs. Does anyone else have this problem. Other than that it looks
good.

I had this same problem when I first put this mpd in my /parts directory.
Apparently, MLCad does not like mpd files in the /parts directory.  I had to
separate the mpd into its subparts.  Since I'm more picky than some, I put
all the subparts into the /parts/s directory, then modified the entries in
the main file to the /parts/s directory.

EXAMPLE:  changed "30086tst.dat"  to  "s/30086tst.dat"

After doing all this, I only had one more problem.  The subpart 30086hnd.dat
references yet another subpart (30086hn1.dat), so you have to change the
subpart entries in 30086hnd to reflect the move, just like in the main model.

In other words, change the entry  "30086hn1.dat"  to  "s/30086hn1.dat"

After doing all this stuff you should only have one main part (30086.dat) in
your /parts directory and all the rest should be in the /parts/s directory.
Now you can delete the original mpd file.

Hope this helps.

Dirtman