 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2244
Re: Soccer Ball - plain DAT code
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 18:58:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss writes:
Here's the soccer ball, with the GDL converted to standard LDraw.

Thanks, Steve. I'll play around with it and see what happens.
Also, just wondering, but is there any way to model a net in MLCad?

One last thing:
I have not looked at your file yet, but what i did was i put the
Primitve 4-8SPHE.DAT into my models folder in Mlcad, (it was a copy of the
file.  I left the origional 4-8SPHE.DAT in the P folder) and used two of
them to create a ball. I then saved the file as BALL.DAT ,THEN veiwed it in
LDVEIW to check the alignment of the two primitives. Then i used notepad,
and multiplied the size dementions in the file by 18, to make
it bigger (it started as being only 1 stud wide, 1 stud deep, and 1 stud
tall. Way to small!!). I saved it as a new *.DAT file named BALL1.DAT and
opened it with MLCad, and put a minifig behind the ball, like he was holding
it(like you see in the catalogs). The ball was a _perfect_ fit!(So yes, you
were right about it being 18 like you said in one of your other messages) I
deleted the minifig from the file, and am now wondering how/If you make
curved/round stickers for the part, so that you do not have
to draw all the hex's, and pent's on to the part?(Or would that not be
acceptible in the CAD community???)
Any help with that, please?

Thanks Again,
Austin Greenwood