 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2137
Re: 3960p01.dat - Space Radar Dish 4 x 4 with Red/Green Petals pattern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 08:17:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Franklin W. Cain wrote:

I see a problem with the CATEGORY for this piece.
As a "radar dish", its CATEGORY is "Space",
and yet this specific patterned piece is available
*only* in "Town" sets, and not "Space".  :-/

Please LMKWYT.  Thanks.

I think "Space" needs to cease to exist as a category, and all the parts in
it need to be moved to more rational classifications.

I agree. I'd do the same for town and castle and all the rest. (excepting
train of course... all other themes exist as spare parts for train)... Ok,
train too.

More seriously, I believe I've argued in the past for a purely functional
categorization system. A more robust keyword usage goes a long way to
letting you recategorize as you see fit, but not all the way.