 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1949
Re: Shutter, real ridges or simulated?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 15:40:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Kevin Bane writes:

Adam Howard has already done both of these.  I have them in my
"(Un-Official)" bin in my VEC.  I think instead of actual louvers, he used
half cylinders. They can be found here:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=1504  and the smaller one here:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=1503

Half cylinders! Interesting. I would have thought the profile is more like
an inverted U than a rotated C. But I'm just judging by appearance.

Note that the part itself does not use triangular shaped ridges.. I thought
it did but on examination, see that it does not. That makes a certain sense
as it preserves top/bottom symmetry.

++Lar