 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1943
Re: Shutter, real ridges or simulated?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 19:00:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tim Romine writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Are the ridges (louvers) on the (3856) shutter just lines rather than
triangular ridges/grooves?

I just checked this part out on my PC and I'm afraid you're right.  The
grooves are only simulated with lines.  Bummer!  But not too difficult to
fix, hee hee.  Let me know if you're interested in a 3D grooved part, and
I'll make one.

Yes indeed, I am very interested. Thanks for offering! I wonder, is the
smaller shutter the same way?

On ONE condition:  Tell me what you used the "1x1x2/3 cylinder" for!  To me,
it looks more like a dish, but to each his own...  Anyway, I'm very curious!

I'd call it a dish too, I have no idea why it's named that way. I used it
for a toilet bowl!

++Lar