 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1704
Re: rotation matrices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 07:25:02 GMT

"koen" <koen.jordens@student.kuleuven.ac.be> writes:

BTW, isn't this stud3A a little to big?  I mean, it doesn't fit
inside a technic angle connector and those on my supercar do.

No, the STUD3A has the correct diameter, 8LDU.  The problem is the
inside of the cross axle holes on the angle connectors.  You'll note
that a real life LEGO cross axle hole has a rounded internal cross
section, which means that you can stick a rod with 8LDU diameter into
it.  In LDraw this cross section does not have the roundedness to it.

I doubt if anyone corrects the cross section of the LDraw cross axle
holes, so you'll just have to pretend that the STUD3A, or any other
rod, fits into it.

Fredrik