 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1512
Re: modeling questions.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:07:06 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Dennis Osborn wrote:

1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 bird.dat          original half
1 0 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 bird.dat         mirrored half

Actually, this is the reverse of inlining.  It doesn't really have a name.
Outlining?  Subfiling?

Question: Will this work?  It cuts the file size by 40%.  I need
documentation on inlining, if this is what I need, or instructions on what I
do need to do.

Yes, it will work.  All you do is copy half the DAT code to another file
(like s\2546s01.dat).  Then replace all the you are subfiling with the two
lines you listed.

I was hoping I could keep the subfile inside the original dat file, similar
to a mpd file.

Personally, I would not make this change to this file.  Right now, 2546.dat
is only 22K.  If you convert the part to two files, you will save space in
archives, but you could end up using more space on hard drives.

Steve

I bow to your superior experience and leave the file alone.  Thanks Steve,
Dennis.