 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1508
1507  |  1509
Subject:
modeling questions.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 17:12:27 GMT

Hello all. It has been a couple of days since I completed the model of the
bird and proclaimed it finished.  Now I realize there is one more thing to do.

Since the bird is symetical vertically, I have "cut" the bird in half.  I
want to inline the half-bird in the file and then create both half with
lines something like this:

1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 bird.dat          original half
1 0 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 bird.dat         mirrored half

Question: Will this work?  It cuts the file size by 40%.  I need
documentation on inlining, if this is what I need, or instructions on what I
do need to do.

Next, the parrot is the bird with different surface coloring.  How do you
create the surface coloring?  Do I just set the color of the triangles and
quads to the color that I want?  That seems simplist.

Any suggestions are welcomed.  Dennis.