 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / LEGO Sets / 243
Re: m3723 MiniFigure Sculpture (version 1)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 00:11:37 GMT

"Robert Graff" <mrgraff@tvi.cc.nm.us.no.spam> wrote in message
Please visit this brickshelf page to view my Minifig sculpture files. I
call this is "version 1" because it does have a few errors that I need to • fix,
plus STEP info to add later, but I wanted to share what I have put • together so
far.

This particular model uses arm connection "A" which means that the arms do • not
move once they have been posed. Load all the .dat files into your "Models"
directory.  "m3723.dat" is the main model file.

The others correspond to the seperate sections of the instruction manual.

PLMKWYT!

I just loaded these DAT files into GWCAD (the CAD program I'm writing) for
speed/stress testing.  I noticed the left arm overhangs the legs by two
studs, while the right arm overhangs by one stud.

Also, one minor nit, I think the standard is to have models facing the -Z
direction for consistency.  I think your rendition is facing +X.  Just
rotate everything 90 degrees clockwise. :)

Otherwise it looks really neat.  I hope to model Ollie the dragon in DAT
sometime this month (the only sculpture set I own currently).

-Gary