 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 793
Re: PentWing Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 22:23:03 GMT

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> writes:
This is very cool, Bram!  This ship gives new meaning to the word
_star_fighter :-)

<groan> :)

I had to step through it in LDAOs Editor just to see how it was
accomplished.

Whatever you do, don't try to build this in the order of the pieces in
the DAT file, that's just so you can see what it looks like :) I started
with the inside of the pentagonal portion, trying to find the right size
pieces to make a pentagon.  I did a little trig, but that didn't help
much.  I then added extra 1x6 beams, a bunch of bushings that I left out
of the DAT file because I'm lazy.  Then came the 1x2 and 1x6 bricks, 2xn
plates, and wings.  Last I built the cockpit, but I couldn't come up with
anything else interesting by that time :)

As for suggestions, the only part of the model I wasn't thrilled with
was what you did at the end of the wings, with the front facing 6x12
wings.  I'm not sure what else to do there, but it might involve some
mean-looking beam-weapons.

I'll play around with it a bit when I feel the need to procrastinate more
from filling in college applications :(

Great Job!

Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!