 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 734
Re: SW9 model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 15:47:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Here's my second model made with MLCad.

This is a model of my SWxxxx (sort of "9ish" but sort of 1500ish too...)
that people saw at MindFest. It's in ersatz C&NW colors.

I made a few compromises from the "as built" real instance due to
missing parts.

- I built up a motor subpart to represent the powertruck and sideframes.
The real model has two motors. This one has one, with no sideframes
because I could not find them, and the motor subpart. If, for example,
one were to use this in Datsville, one would want to remove the real
motor and put another instance of fak_mot.dat in...

- There doesn't seem to be a part for the hydrofoil bumper and the brick
that holds it. In the center fuel tank area the actal model has a brick
that holds the rubber bumper and the rubber  bumper itself...

Let me know what you think!

[snipped DAT file]

Larry,

You seem to be using an old list of parts.  I would suggest doing an LDraw
install from scratch and getting the newest part list update.  I noticed that
these new models make reference to parts not used anymore (due to a change in
numbering scheme and some parts were modeled as variants now, like the 1x1
round, which has a hole on the top or doesn't have a hole).  It would also get
you up to date with the few parts we have that you are missing.

My only regret is that I now won't be able to CAD the hopper car.  Keep up the
good work and I will have a little Larry shrine in my train yard.  I'm almost
finished with the Hydrogen car and I can see that within a day or two, I will
have a few more cars on my LL train. [1]

Mike Poindexter

[1]  That's Larry Line