 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 533
Re: Grocery story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 02:01:18 GMT

James J. wrote in message ...
In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Brian Sauls writes:

<snip>

"Uhhhh, okay" is right. #1. I noticed that John and Brian are having fun at • the
expense of your lack of a spell- and grammar- check.

If I had it built in, I'd worry about it.  As it is, I use a lot of dialect
when I type anyhoo, usually to relfect the message as being more informal.
Add to that 750mg hydro-codone.....(1)

#4. It
is a nice building. but for the love of all of us, follow these tips when
updating your building. #4A. When you've finished, unless you're dealing • with
sub-sections of something meant to be whole, sort all of your pieces in • steps
based on the numeric Y height. (For example, 16, 8, 0, -8, -16, -24,
32,....)

Understand.   I admit to being very, very bad about this, although I usually
stock the interior after the first level or two of bricks.  (This happens
becuase so far, all the building have existed longer than the interiors,
with the exception of the two modular homes.)  I believe there is a "sort"
tool in LDAO.  Will this do the trick?

#4B Look at your construct from all angles -- Left or  Right, Over, Under, • &
3-dimensional. (Your shelves and check-out counter are hanging out of your
floor!)

Hmm--I still don't see it.  Not in my original, nor in the posting, using
Ledit, Ldraw, and LDLite.  And not only do I check the angles, but I spin it
180 degrees in LDAO's modeler.  What are you using to view the model?  I'd
like to recreate the effect.

#4C Minifigs--even custom minifigs--can be processed in the middle of
your building code. LDraw only processes 1000 lines of code and your LDAO • text
will make more trouble -- and less store -- for you.

For some reason, and I can't find the original message, I thought that John
wanted figs generated with LDAO.  Maybe it was he didn't want them in LDAO.
I dunno.  I'm gonna' work up a minifig shortcut of my own--LDAO doesn't list
all the parts.

Good luck with your store and SPELLCHECK, SPELLCHECK, SPELLCHECK!
    James J.

Thanks, and I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the CMA's.

Brian