 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 530
Re: Grocery story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 00:35:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Brian Sauls writes:
Once upon a time there is a man namedHarold Brickman(argh!  Verb tense!).
He lives in Casa Verde with his wife Trudy.  She is out of town right now,
pleading with businesses to move to her Datsville (She is reported as saying
"Datsville needs industry!  We cannot support a trailer park without it!).
The young woman is Victoria Plates, but she goes by "V."  V is a punk
rocker.  She shaved her head in a half-hearted, youth-fueled rage against
the bourgeis establishment, but she covers her tattoos and removes her body
piercing while at work because she needs the job to support her boyfried who
doesn't make enough money working on the dock to pay her parents for renting
the upstairs of the Mission-Style house.  One day she'll be rich and famous
and won't they be sorry then, ha-ha-ha.  Of course, nobody is quite sure who
"they" is, and we are even more confused about the establishment she is
raging against.  She's plastic.  She needs to get over it.  And grow some
hair.
Uhhhh, okay.

"Uhhhh, okay" is right. #1. I noticed that John and Brian are having fun at the
expense of your lack of a spell- and grammar- check. #2. Now I'm having fun
with everything, including the store story. ;} #3. Although I love your puns on
bricks and plates; however, the other words are bourgeois and boyfriend. #4. It
is a nice building. but for the love of all of us, follow these tips when
updating your building. #4A. When you've finished, unless you're dealing with
sub-sections of something meant to be whole, sort all of your pieces in steps
based on the numeric Y height. (For example, 16, 8, 0, -8, -16, -24, 32,....)
#4B Look at your construct from all angles -- Left or  Right, Over, Under, &
3-dimensional. (Your shelves and check-out counter are hanging out of your
floor!) #4C Minifigs--even custom minifigs--can be processed in the middle of
your building code. LDraw only processes 1000 lines of code and your LDAO text
will make more trouble -- and less store -- for you. If you like, I could build
your minifigs (in the workplace!) as you want them or simply show you how its
done. (Note: hands are 22.25 units from the center of the body each. When
sitting, a minifig's legs are 9 units off the surface, but 21 when standing.)
Good luck with your store and SPELLCHECK, SPELLCHECK, SPELLCHECK!
     James J.
(A guy who will look at you with all of the contempt of DBZ's Vegeta but still
not be mad at you. ;} )