 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 2178
2177  |  2179
Subject:
Several Train MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2006 17:27:46 GMT

Hello everyone,
I'd like to show you my train models:

<http://florianhaag.name/en/ldraw/trains.htm>

They're all available for download in LDraw-MPD-Format (as
instructions).

Concerning the Tram, I'm not sure whether that one works as depicted in
the MPD file. If anyone has the parts, can you please check whether the
LEGO train track curves are too narrow for that train?
I modelled the connection of the motor and the two cars according to
instruction scans of the cargo railway, 4559. However, there, the
centre of the turntable-like connection was one stud closer towards the
centre of the motor, which wouldn't have allowed for the two-stud wide
connecting corridor part in my model.
I could place the turntable centre (a 2x2 tile with a pin on top) one
stud closer to the motor centre, as the car baseplate has another hole
there - in the Split-Level Train Base that I got from the container car
4549, there is such a hole, that is. however, that hole isn't visible
in MLCAD in the LDraw part (2972) :-S

I'm really missing the bottom part of the Metroliner sloping train
front as an official part in LDraw. I know that it's quite hard to
create those parts, but I could have used that quite some times here.

Please post your comments if you particularly like or dislike any of
them  :-)

Regards,
Florian