 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 2019
2018  |  2020
Subject:
What'd Datsville look like?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 03:26:42 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

About a year ago I read a post asking what Datsville looked like since the pictures on the Lugnet webpage are broken links. This inspired me to see if I could render Datsville on my competer. I ran rev014 through L3P and it spit back a 12MB (!) file. Needless to say my computer didn’t have enough memory to parse and render a file this large so I gave up and the idea languished.

Well I got bored tonight and the idea struck me to try again, seeing as I now have processing power and memory on my computer. This time I was smart and rendered each indiviual section (15 in all). Ever breaking it down into smaller parts in order for the file to render, I had to turn off studs (this with 1GB of RAM and virtual memory set at 4GB!).

After a bit of Photoshop magic I bring you Datsville. It still not perfect (I left out the people) but I think it’ll do:

Large file, 4000 x 3000 (warning 2.7MB):
http://ldraw.pobursky.com/images/Datsville.png

Small file, 1024 x 768:
http://ldraw.pobursky.com/images/DatsvilleSmall.png

Note: this is rev014 of Datsville, if someone wants to point me towards a newer version...

--Orion